Thursday, October 2, 2008

Funny Things That Happened at our House This Week

1) Madeline LOVES apples. OK, so all my kids LOVE apples. I'm happy about this:) I love it, however, when the kids get old enough to just get an apple all on their own and I don't have to cut it anymore. Well, guess what? My older kids are old enough to give Madeline an apple. I don't have to do anything at all! So the other day Zachary asked me if it was ok if Madeline had an apple. I said sure, why not. Well, I kind of forgot about it until later when I was looking at the couch. There was this interesting looking thing sitting on the couch. Yes, it was red and a bit brown with quite a nasty appearance. It wasn't very big, either, quite tiny in fact. Upon careful inspection, I found that it was part of an apple and I mean a very small part of the apple. It all came back to me. I realized it was Maddie's and she had eaten most of the core, seeds, stem, and all!!! Oh my!

2) Something else funny happened to me this morning. Have you ever bought something 2 or 3 times, only to come home, put it away, and realize you already have it? I have done this many times. When people ask if I have my years supply, I don't really know, but I'm sure that I must. We are big Costco people and I mean BIG! I thought we were out of paper towels, so I was going to buy more at Costco today. I decided, however, that I needed to tackle the beach towels first that were piling up in the laundry sink. I was thinking this was going to be a HUGE load of laundry and surely it wouldn't all fit. As I was loading the towels into the washer, guess what I found? I huge pack of paper towels from Costco hiding under the towels in the laundry room sink. LOL! How did it get there? I have no clue, but I'm happy that I don't have to buy paper towels!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

LOL at Maddie eating the entire apple!

I have bought stuff we already had SOOO many times. Glad I'm not the only one :)

You have such a CUTE family!

Katie said...

Maggie eats the whole apple as well. My mom always told me the seeds were poisonous but I don't think thats true is it???

Sharilyn said...

Grace did that once! It is crazy! And we laugh about it now. I love the pic of you and your family. You are beautiful and so is your family!

julie herrell said...

Hey Kim. I found your blog on someone else's blog. :) Come visit ours - herrellhappenings.blogspot.com It's fun to see your family again.
Julie