Friday, October 31, 2008

Madeline Turned Two!






Madeline turned two! First of all, I can't believe I have four kids. Secondly, the time has certainly flown with number four. It seems like yesterday when I came home from the hospital with Madeline. I will never forget the day Madeline was born. I had three ultrasounds which all revealed a baby girl, but I wouldn't believe it until I saw her in person. When I saw Madeline for the first time I was so relieved that she really was a girl. We would get to keep all the dresses and keep the room painted pink! Madeline has been such a joy to have in our lives. She loves to play with real babies and dolls both! It is so cute to watch her feed her dolls, push them in the stroller, talk to them, and care for them. I just love it. Madeline is also very competent already. She loves to help me fold and put away the clothes, put dishes away, vacuum, clean, etc. She's even organizing the pantry as I type this:) Oh and I can't forget the fact that Madeline loves to talk! She talks about everything to me and on the phone. It's so much fun having a girl!

The thing I have been the most impressed with, however, is just how tenacious our sweet and angelic little girl can be. She has her big brothers completely wrapped around her little finger. She has all the control when it comes to just about anything and her brothers love every minute of it. She is becoming quite the little helper, though. The other day we were on our way out the door and Zachary was getting in the car without shoes. I didn't notice and neither did Zachary, but Madeline sure did. She said, "Zachary! Go put your shoes on!" Maddie is so aware of everyone's needs, I just love it! She's acting like a litte mommy already. The moments I spend with Madeline are simply priceless! I love every minute of being her mom!

5 comments:

Katie said...

She is so cute Kim. Happy Birthday!

laurie said...

I can't believe she's two either! Holy cow time flies. I love that she's a little 'mother', Kaylie was that way too!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Madeline!

She is such a beauty!

Rachel said...

she is such a doll!! Love her blond hair!! I didn't know you just ran your 5th marathon!! That is CRAZY! Way to go KIM!!!!

mommyballs said...

Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!!! I laughed b/c the brown sweater dress with polka dots from gymboree that she was wearing in your family reunion pics, I bought the same dress for Emma. We have such great taste, don't we?!!