Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter Break 2011

Last February we started to get really tired of winter. I started getting really cold! I just wanted to escape to someplace warm, so we did just that! We drove south a few hours near Williamsburg, VA to a fun indoor water park. It was also really nice outside, so we enjoyed a bit of miniature golf and some touring around town. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed longer:) Oh and since it was also my birthday gift, Mike surprised me with an appointment to the spa with a massage! Isn't he thoughtful?

The first thing Joshua did when we got to our room was this (I don't know what he would have done if he had forgotten his yo-yo):
Photobucket

Can you tell Madeline was excited? She was the first to get her swimsuit on.
Photobucket

This is how happy Madeline was after she went on a few water slides. She surprised me a bit, because she wasn't afraid of any of the slides. I had to hold her back, because I was getting frightened for her!
Photobucket

There was this really cool wave rider that the boys all had a fantastic time on. I'm just so sad because all of those pictures somehow got corrupted on our memory card and all we have is this lame, teeny tiny picture, so if you can squint enough to get the idea..here it is:
Photobucket

Madeline on one of the many slides she excitedly rode:
Photobucket

Cameron coming out of the ginormous water playground:
Photobucket

Madeline after swimming to the side. She has become quite the little swimmer.
Photobucket

Cameron running off a slide, trying to hurry to the next one:
Photobucket

Joshua must have been coming from and going to the next slide:
Photobucket

Zachary walked across some logs that wobble around in the water and he did a pretty good job!
Photobucket

The kids and I in the hot tub. After all that talk about going to a warm place (it was 80 degrees in there), I still longed for more warmth! The hot tub was super nice for that!
Photobucket

No comments: