Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some of Summer 2010




Madeline really improved last summer in swim lessons. She's always been fearless around water, so that scares me a bit. I figure I'll feel a bit better if she becomes a strong swimmer, so I signed her up for more swim lessons. I took these pictures of her last summer.

Another cake I made for the 2nd cake decorating class that I took. We were strongly encouraged to put a basket weave on the sides of the cake.
I made a fondant/gumpaste blend to create the flowers and leaves for the top.



After the first cake decorating class that I took, I decided I wanted to make a ton of cakes! We had a cousins birthday party with all the cousins who live here! Madeline had a special request, a princess castle cake. Cousin O also had a special request, a worm cake! So the worm cake looks a little funny, but it tasted good! Cameron and several others requested a fish cake. We all had a great time playing, talking, and eating!





We took a trip to Flag Pond with some friends. There were tons of jelly fish! The kids were very careful to not touch them and thank goodness no one got stung! They were, however, fascinated by them and had a great time fishing for them with little nets.

No comments: